When signing up for the White Oak Pastures vegetable box, I was aware that the season would run for a total of 30 weeks, with a 2 – 3 week break towards the end of summer. However, I had no idea I’d be so crushed when the break actually arrived! After this week’s box, there will be a break for 3 weeks – meaning our next box (#11) will be arrive on September 11th. Until then, here is our CSA Box 10.
What Certified Organic Vegetables arrived in our crate this week?
- Buckwheat Ensalada (or Malabar Spinach or Sweet Potato Greens) | We used our Buckwheat Ensalada from last week’s box for a salad with strawberries + feta… delicious! So I know how we’ll be using the Buckwheat this week too.
- Cucumbers (or Squash) | More Suyu long cucs!
- Peppers (or Eggplant) | Peppers for us. Pizza? I think so.
- Mixed Hot peppers | Hello, Jalapeños!
- Mixed Herb (Sage, Rosemary, Stevia or Mint) | We got mint, one of my favorites!
On the menu this week/weekend,green pizza, with some of our peppers greek quinoa salad, with the cucumbers leftover eggplant parmesan (from last week’s box) maybe this jalapeño popper dip recipe for a snack or these jalapeño cheddar biscuits! and I may be trying these roasted nuts with our pecans
As you can tell, we typically go for simple, healthy, and quick meals around our house. What is a go-to, weekday meal at your house? Or any meal that’s super easy to whip up?