Only 23 years ago, an itty bitty baby was born and I became a big sister. Being only 2 ½ years old myself, I can’t honestly say I remember much about that special day but I do know it was just that… a special day. On March 26, 1990 – I met my sister, my friend, my partner in crime. Little did I know, but that little bit would grow, steal all of the attention, break my Crayola® crayons, and strip everyone of my Barbie™ dolls down to nakedness, after cutting their hair off. Obviously, there were things I wasn’t prepared for as a big sister. I thought it was all dress-up and dolls. Boy was I wrong.
As we grew, I learned to love her. Okay, okay, I always loved her, but somewhere along the way our must-love evolved into a sisterly love/bond/friendship that can’t be broken. Today, this gal is one of my truest, best, most honest, caring friends and I can’t imagine life without her. She’s my sister; she’s my best friend.
Due to her fabulousness, we’re making this post all about Bethany. Since some of you may not know her as well as I do, here are a few, fun facts about her that you should all know.
- She’s 23 years old.
- She was born with a strawberry on top of her head.
- She’s a Christian.
- She wears glasses (or contacts).
- She’s outgoing.
- She’s the middle child.
- We share a fascination/obsession with the Presidents of the United States.
- She’s passionate about missions and has traveled to surrounding states, Eleuthera, Peru, and Haiti to share God’s Word.
- She’s beautiful – both inside and out.
- She use to be a chunk as a baby, to the extreme that Daddy nicknamed her Michelin.
- She goes by Betty and Bet.
- She’s got 2 tattoos.
- She really likes to dye her hair.
- She’s athletic.
- She has a pup named Pippa.
- She made up teams for our house and believes she is the Captain of the Blue Team.
- She favors our mother.
- She thinks she’s our daddy’s favorite.
- She can talk her way out of just about anything.
- She’s smart… One of those people that doesn’t have to study.
- I’m pretty sure she’s never called me Brianne… it’s always Sisy.
- Her favorite color is purple.
- She blogs over at Stand Tall Shine Bright, so stop by to find out more about her!
Bethany, we hope your day is extra special and you have a very happy, happy birthday! We love you.xo, Sisy and Justin